1st edition - Miramas, November 23rd – 25th 2017
Committed to sustainable development since 2010, Miramas is today at the forefront of the “Zero Waste” movement in France.
Today, the city—alongside Roubaix—is one of just two communities in France to have received the “Zero Waste Territory” label. Awarded in 2014, this label recognizes the municipality’s capacity to involve all local actors in the “zero waste” goal.
A municipal ambition to reduce wasting and waste.
Miramas’s approach is based upon three fundamental principles:
- Raise awareness and educate the inhabitants on the stakes of responsible consuming and waste
- Reduce and reuse all waste, and in particular bio-waste
- Develop a circular economy, source of employment and innovations
2017, a turning point in the commitment to “Zero Waste”
After having been inspired by numerous territories in France and elsewhere in the world, Miramas is today ready to share its experience and the model it has developed.
- To reach an even larger audience, the city wishes to promote and share success stories from both corporations and private citizens, in France and abroad.
From the 23rd to the 25th of November 2017, three days to inform, raise awareness, and share good practices.
Within the framework of the “European Waste Reduction Week” and with the support of the government, ADEME, the Aix-Marseille Provence Metropolis and the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region, Miramas is hosting an unprecedented event, the 1st Zero Waste International Meeting.
Official launching of the first European Zero Waste Cities Network - Miramas 23rd November 2017 – 6:30 p.m.
Favor exchanges between territories, promote “Zero Waste” policies and change people’s ways, such are the objectives of the brand new network of European cities, initiated by Miramas.
The network will be officially launched during the “Zero Waste International Meeting”, in the presence of the mayors of Hernani (Spain), Capannori (Italy), and Llubljana (Slovenia), who have all managed to reduce waste by 80% in their communities!
A meeting that is not to be missed!
- Corporations, professionals, students, high school students, middle school students, jobseekers, trainers, families and citizens, discover the different testimonials of inspirational territories, initiatives to copy, and economical innovations that create jobs.
- Participate in the “Zero Waste” movement, in the presence of the finest French and international experts.
- Learn from the numerous successful experiences, thanks to the testimonials of families, heads of associations, teachers, merchants, and business managers that have dared to take the leap towards zero waste!